Thursday 22 December 2011

14 Days Without a Book! Countdown to Publication #2: How I Write – Getting into Character


15 Days Without a Head will be in bookshops in 14 days time. By way of celebration, I will be publishing a new post here every day, leading up to publication on January 5th. The idea is to provide a few bonus items, such as you'd expect to find on the extras disc of a DVD – except these will be available before the main feature of course! 

Today, I'm giving a behind the scenes insight into how I find inspiration when creating a new character …


The video was originally created to celebrate the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators 10th Anniversary. Members were asked to supply a video of themselves writing (or illustrating). This was mine. 



I am also happy to announce that the Kindle Edition of 15 Days Without a Head is published today and available for download.

Don't forget I'm giving away a signed (or unsigned, if you prefer) copy of 15 Days Without a Head. Click here for details.

Tomorrow: I'll be unveiling my new 15 Days Without a Head book trailer.

2 comments:

  1. Great video, I love the vast range of hats you were able to collect together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenni. Sadly the fruit hat had a limited lifespan and had to be consumed before it went off, but it was great while it lasted. Not one for a hot summer's day though – too attractive to wasps …

    ReplyDelete