Friday 28 September 2012

Writing with Year Eight at Icknield Community College

On Tuesday I visited Icknield Community College in Watlington to talk to Year Eight about 15 Days Without a Head and my route to becoming an author. (I also had the chance to share the cover artwork for Waiting for Gonzo for the first time!) 

The day's events included the opportunity to do some writing with three groups of students. We had some great discussions and the workshops produced a number of excellent and very funny pieces, including one about the horrors of going clubbing with your gran! (There's a great comic novel in that idea, I'm certain.) 

Here are a few pics from the day …

A fantastic display greeted me on arrival in the library!

Telling stories with Year Eight students

In the library with Beth, Seren, Luke and Sam.

Thanks to all the staff and students at Icknield Community College for making me so welcome, with special mention to Penny Didcock, Natalie Wheeler and Mr Hunter. Thanks also to The Book House in Thame for supplying copies of 15 Days Without a Head and to Beth (pictured above) for managing the sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment