Saturday 22 December 2012

City of London School Literary Festival

One of the most rewarding moments for any author is when readers write to say they've enjoyed reading one of your books – that the story has connected with them in some way – made them think, or laugh or cry! 

I received such a message from a Year 10 student at City of London School earlier this year.

City of London School from the Millennium Bridge

Not only did Devang say how much he had enjoyed reading 15 Days Without a Head, but he invited me to take part in the school's Literary Festival in December. 

Which is how I came to be on the banks of the River Thames on a very wet Friday morning a few weeks ago, taking photos of the lights in the driving rain …



The school were great hosts and I had a really enjoyable day, taking part in a number of events at the festival – one in the impressive Asquith Room over looking the river, and another at nearby St Paul's Cathedral school, where I met a great bunch of Year 7s and fellow festival author Tom Palmer.



The Asquith Room

The festival was organised largely by the students themselves and boasted an impressive line-up of guests. I must thank Devang for inviting me in the first place and Jake for the extremely well researched introductions. Also thanks to David and Tim for looking after me and making me so welcome at the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment